City Departments: Parks
David Vorse, Director
Castle Rock Public Works Department
360 "A" Street SW
P.O. Box 370
Castle Rock, WA 98611
(360) 274-7478 Phone
(360) 274-4876 Fax
The Park Board Commission meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the Castle Rock Senior Center. Public comments are always welcome. Meeting agendas and minutes are available below.
Park Board Commissioners:
Roy Henson, Linda Moody, Charles Rutherford, and Russ Blanchette
The City of Castle Rock received the Association of Washington Cities 2004 Municipal Achievement Gold Medal Award in recognition of the Riverfront Trail Project.
Day use parks include:
- Memory Lane Volunteer Park – located at the end of Michner Street, near the Riverfront Trail. includes playground equipment, covered picnic area and a area to plant trees in memory of a loved one.
- Coldwater Park – located behind City Hall building was named for the outdoor swimming pool that used to be in that location – playground equipment, picnic table.
- Lion’s Pride Park – located 1400 block of Huntington Ave South. Serves as the trail head to the Riverfront Trail. Amenities include covered picnic areas including small barbecue units, restroom facility and RV disposal station.
- Riverfront Trail – Trailhead is located at Lion's Pride Park and the North Trail head, however there are several other barrier free access points. Nonmotorized trail amenities include viewing areas, benches, picnic tables, ADA accessible. Trail areas are located on both sides of the Cowlitz River. On the east side of the river is a 1.7 mile lighted, paved multi-use trail extending from Lion's Pride Park north to just past the PHl0 bridge to the Castle Rock Sports Complex. The City of Castle Rock received the Association of Washington Cities 2004 Municipal Achievement Gold Medal Award in recognition of the Riverfront Trail Project.
- The Huntington Historic Monument – located at the base of the trail that goes up to the rock and recognizes the founding family- covered picnic shelter.
- The Rock Community Park – located at intersection of Front Avenue SW/Huntington Avenue South, just off of the Riverfront Trail. This is a large rocky outcropping which is the city’s namesake. A historic marker is located at the foot of the rock. Includes hiking trails and picnic tables. Bountiful ecosystem including native trees and vegetation. Not handicapped accessible.
- Skate Park – limited mainly to skateboard and roller blade users, this area is also equipped with 2 half courts for basketball players to enjoy. Located near the west end of Third Ave SW, off of the Riverfront Trail.
- Bike Skills Park – limited to bicycles and trail bicycles includes several skill features for beginners through experienced riders. Located at the west end of Warren St SW, off of the Riverfront Trail.
- Gateway Park – located at the intersection of Front Ave NW & Huntington Ave N – covered picnic shelter, bench.
Park Board Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Mar 11, 2020 Meeting Agenda
- Jan 8, 2020 Meeting Agenda
- Dec 11, 2019 Meeting: cancelled
- Nov 13, 2019 Meeting: cancelled
- Oct 9, 2019 Agenda
- Aug 14, 2019 Meeting: cancelled
- Jul 10, 2019 Meeting agenda packet
- Mar 12, 2014 Agenda
- Nov 13, 2013 Agenda
- Jul 10, 2013 Agenda
- Apr 29, 2013 Agenda
- Apr 10, 2013 Agenda
- Feb 13, 2013 Agenda